As you know, the VA loan eligibility is one of the best rewards that veterans and active duty service members receive for their military service.
To be eligible, based on service, you need to meet one or more of the following conditions:
- 90 consecutive days of service during war time or
- 181 consecutive days of service during peacetime or
- 6 years of service in the Reserves or National Guard
Also, spouses of service members, if they are the not remarried spouse of a veteran who died in the line of duty, or due to a service connected disability are eligible.
You may also be eligible if your discharge was due to hardship, the convenience of the government, reduction-in-force, certain medical conditions, or a service-connected disability.
So, why is your VA loan eligibility important?
It gives you access to the following loan benefits that are not available with other home loans, like:
- 100% Financing – $0 down payment or equity required
- Easier Qualifying Guidelines – more flexible when it comes to credit history, employment history, debt-to-income ratios, etc.
- No Mortgage Insurance – monthly mortgage is never required
- Limited Fees – allowable lender fees are capped
These benefits make the VA Home Loan an excellent opportunity for those who have earned their eligibility.
The best way to get started is to work directly with a VA lender. You can get your loan approved and they will order your certificate of eligibility for you.
Once you are approved, you will complete the loan process and close on your new home or refinance.
Companies, like ours make it easy. We specialize in the VA loan programs that allow lower credit scores (down to 500) and have the fewest restrictions.
Give us a call today to find out how we can help you get approved.
Main Office: 800-482-1996
Posted by: Brian Bush
Brian and his team have been funding VA Home Loans for over 27 years.
Since 1991, they have funded over 3,000 loans